PLC Software Engineer
Multiple planes arrive at an airport, all packed with parcels. These parcels must be sorted and transported to the right planes, trucks and vans; People are expecting their parcels at home in no-time. MHS enables customers to sort a high volume of parcels within a short time frame, so the planes, the trucks and vans can leave in time and the parcels are delivered at your home timely.
A PLC engineer within MHS is part of an international, multidisciplinary team of engineers. As part of the team, the PLC engineer is responsible for the design and engineering of the PLC and safety software for these huge material handling systems. The software will be tested on a digital twin before you go to the customer location.
The system is ready for commissioning and waiting to come to life once you are arriving on site. As a PLC engineer you do the commissioning and the testing on site. The functionality of the system will be proven to the customer together with the commissioning team.
Can you make sure the parcel gets to the plane in time?
You report directly to the Project Leader Engineering.
• You translate customer requirements into a functional/PLC design
• You write a software design and PLC software for requirements which are not part of the standard
• You generate the PLC software using standard blocks
• You integrate/interface 3rd party equipment
• You will test the software in house on a digital twin
• You will commission the system
• You will test and prove the system according the requirements to our customers
• Experience (minimum 3 years) in a comparable position
• Knowledge of Siemens TIA Portal
• Preferably knowledge of SCL or a high-level programming language
• Knowledge of SCADA systems
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, in Dutch and English
• Able to work independently
• Able to work in a multicultural environment
• Proven problem-solving ability to quickly find the right solutions
• Can work on different projects simultaneously in a dynamic environment
What does MHS offer?
• Working within an inspiring, international team
• 40 hours a week
• Flexible working hours
• 41 vacation days
• Attractive primary and secondary working conditions
• Many opportunities for professional development